Mōrena Pīwakawaka whānau,
Hope you’re all having a great weekend so far! We’ve only got two wiki left for the year, but there’s still lots of fun stuff happening. I know our fantails are starting to feel it, we’re getting a bit tired in Room 3! We are practising showing Manaakitanga (Care and Respect) to each other as we near the end of yet another full on term.
Te Kupu O Te Wiki:
Kirihīmete – Christmas, e.g. Meri Kirihīmete – Merry Christmas!
Here’s some pānui as we look ahead to Week 8:
- TRIP THIS THURSDAY – Papatūānuku are off on our last trip of 2018 this Thursday, 6th December. The venue has changed to The Esplanade. It’s all about Rekareka (Fun & Enjoyment) & Whakawhanaungatanga, so we hope you can join us even just for a while! Kelly has written a more detailed post about this including what your kids need to bring (and what not to bring!) on the day, so click here if you haven’t read that.
- Balloon Racers – Thanks to those who have handed their balloon racers back in already. You can still bring them back in tomorrow (Monday) as our race is this week. Please remember to fill in the survey and return that also – the feedback you submit is very valuable for us!
- Water Bottles – I’m sure you noticed your child brought home a bottle of water this week! These were kindly given to us by Richard Jensen, who has a couple of tamariki at RSS. The bottle itself is made from plant materials (not plastic!!) & is therefore biodegradable – if not re-filled for 28 days it will begin to break down. This awesome initiative is a Kiwi concept currently being rolled out in Auckland, and hopefully to the rest of NZ soon. It’s sparked some great discussions about innovation, creative thinking, problem solving, and awareness of environmental issues. It’s a shame we don’t have long enough left at school to test how the bottle breaks down, but this would be a fun thing to explore at home over the holidays!
- Photos – Class photos were given out this week- thank you for your patience around this. Our Pīwakawaka picture is a bit cute!
- Sausage Sizzle – This Wednesday is the sausage sizzle day. Thanks to those who have supported both a great cause (brain cancer research), and our Senior kids who have organised this.
- Stuff the Bus – This Friday it’s our turn to ‘Stuff the Bus’ and spread some Christmas spirit. It’s the season of giving & kindness, so get amongst it if you’re able to. Click here for more info.
Hope you all have a relaxing rest of your Sunday. It’s a shame the Christmas Parade has been cancelled due to the wild weather we’ve been having! And don’t even get me started on Shaun Johnson’s move to the Sharks… 🙈
Hei āpōpō (See you tomorrow),