Kia ora koutou,
I hope everyone has had a lovely term break and are refreshed and ready to go for Term 3! I am really excited to see everyone on Monday and hear all about their holidays and what they got up to. The start of term always has such a positive buzz about it as the students reconnect and share their stories, which is awesome!
Over the term break, Samantha and I have teamed up and planned ahead for the coming term. We are really excited to be collaborating and co-teaching teaching on a greater scale this term and continuing to build the learning community of The Hive. Last term we collaborated during Chapter Chat, Robotics and Rekareka, as well as our Matariki Art Day. This collaboration will continue into Term 3, and will be extended on through our writing and mathematics programs, too. I’m very excited to be working alongside Samantha and providing learning opportunities for the children that will allow them to have voice and ownership, as well as target their learning needs.
I am also really looking forward to connecting with you all at the learning conferences in week one (next week!). If it slipped your mind over the break, don’t worry – it’s not too late! Please use the following link and follow the steps to book yourself a time. This is a very valuable opportunity to connect and set goals together with your child as they head into the second half of the year.
On that note, please remember that school will be finishing at 12:30pm on Wednesday 25th July (first Wednesday back) for our learning conferences to commence.
It is a busy first couple of weeks back, so here is an overview of what to look out for:
- PNINS and Carncot School visiting RSS for our Year 6s (Wednesday and Friday respectively, Week 1)
- ICAS English Practice (Wednesday, Week 1)
- Learning Conferences (Wednesday and Thursday, Week 1)
- Douglas Park Exchange (Wednesday, Week 2)
- Manawatū Science Fair (and S+art Art Competition) viewing for public (2-5th August, Barber Hall on Waldergrave Street)
- Japanese language learning for Year 6s (every Friday afternoon, commencing Week 2)
Have a safe and happy weekend and see you all on Monday!