Kia ora e te whānau,
Week 5 already! These weeks are flying by. Here is some information and reminders to set us up for the week.
- Monday: A shout out to the new students starting in Waka Huia this week. We have Blaiklee, Penny and Zariah who started this morning. What an exciting time for all those transitioning and who have now settled in to school.
- Wednesday: The first ‘Te iti rearea’ meeting for the year is on at 3.15 – 4.15pm, held in Poutokomanawa. If you are interested in supporting Te Ao Māori at RSS please attend. This will be a time to celebrate and share ideas and possible new directions for Te Ao Māori at RSS.
- Thursday: You will see all staff leaving school soon after 3pm on this day. All staff are off to a presentation on Well-being and Resilience for both staff and students. We all need to learn and make actions for these important areas of learning and life.
Heads up and reminders:
- Soon we will be asking for voice and choice around CRE – Christian Religious Education at RSS. It is very important that we hold and consider all views before making any changes. A view from a teacher, student and whānau may vary considerably, therefore if you have any questions around how the programme runs at our school, the content and impact for all, please come have a chat to leadership in the office or your child’s teacher.
- Pool keys are on sale at the school office for $40 with a $10 refund on returning the key.
- Just a reminder- you can pay your child’s Activity Fee and School Donation via our school website or at the office.
- If you haven’t already, put this date in your diaries now.. Monday, March 9th school will be closed for a Staff Only Day.
- Manawatu Interschool Triathlon (year 5 & 6 students) is on March 11th. If your child is interested in participating please come see Nick or Troy.
- Manawatu Striders School Road Race (year 5 & 6 students) is on March 24th. Again, if interested please see Nick or Troy. When googling these events it will take you to Facebook pages which you will find more information regarding distances etc. What great opportunities for our seniors to show wairua and represent our school with panekiretanga.
That is all for now. Enjoy the week. Take care our yourself and others.