Term 1 2020
Wednesday, 26 February 2020
Karakia – whānau
Karakia timatanga – 3.15ish
2019 Term 3 recap
- Kaitautoko Māori – BOT representative
- A big mihi to AJ for being our board rep and representing us (our whānau voice) at BOT meetings
- Waharoa – Artist suggestions – Waharoa Frame (Maxwells line)
- Not sure what’s happening in this space
- No Nic Term 1 (Whānau support)
- AJ has stepped up again and has started coming to practices with her guitar – Ngā Mihi ano
- Poutokomanawa future / opting out / in – thought
- We used the ‘opt out’ approach which worked well for our whānau.
- We were so full that we had very limited spaces for new whānau
- We are lucky to have a love and appreciation for things Māori, not only for the children who are Māori but for everyone.
Term 1 2020
- Poutokomanawa has started well and is full to the brim
- Whaea’s knowledge of Te Reo Māori is in demand across the School. She is also our Māori resource person and she has sorted out all our Māori resources – Whaea korero (Resource room)
- Open morning on a Friday for whānau – use as much reo as we can
- Junior Kapa haka – taking senior students to support the juniors
- Ranginui Kapa Haka – years 3-6 are all together the begin with. When we eventually separate, it might be a group who are ‘wanting to be challenged’
- Next steps for us in Te Ao Māori at RSS –
- Te wiki o te reo
- Concert – Glow Show
- Increase in Kapa Haka
- uniforms (not enough for Paptūānuku)
- piupiu (we have none)
- look into the cost of it and perhaps start fundraising
- Once a week?
- Come and help organise it?
- Bake sale?
- Car boot sale?
- Boot camp – Pele
- Moko stencils – Lucy to get a quote
- Talk to Toddy about designing one for our school with a values link
- Marae – Te Ahu a Turanga
- Pae Tamariki – Term 2 – 17/18 June
- When your tamariki are on paepae, it would be nice to have whānau come in and watch – put a ‘roster’ on seesaw maybe so all whānau can see
- Pōwhiri/mihi whakatau
- We are lucky to have a kaumatua who pushes us to do a little more here and there
Karakia Whakamutunga: 3.50