Another fantastic week! Our children are adapting so well to level 2 and have our new routines in place. They manage their hand washing and sanitising with very little support from me. I am so proud of how patient they are as they wait for their turn to wash their hands and how they continue to grow in independence managing the transitions from home to school and back.
- Maddy – Our Massey Teacher, Maddy, is back tomorrow and she is with us until the end of the term. She is so excited to be back and the children are super excited to have her back!
- Library – We visit the library on Tuesdays to exchange books. Please have a check under the bed and in of those ‘safe places’ where books may have ended up. We have a few overdue books so it would be fantastic for these to come back.
- Cross Country – We will be practising several times a week (Tuesday, Thursday and one other day) so please send your child to school with shoes they can run.
- Seesaw Class App – You no longer need the Seesaw Class app at home, so please go back to using Seesaw Family so you can see posts from your child only. If you haven’t already done so, the best idea is to delete the Seesaw Class app from your devices. Thank you.
- Poetry Books – Please make sure these come back to school on Tuesday. Children will be using these in their learning over the week.
During literacy we are planning our own learning time. We think about what we need to learn and then pick some activities that will help us. We are showing the value motuhaketanga.
These are some of our colour monsters. We have been learning about feelings and emotions. We have so many more words to help describe how we feel in our hearts and we can use colour, movement and drama to help share how we are feeling. We worked so hard to create these beautiful monsters and we are very proud of them!. They help us to tell the story of how we have felt over the past 8ish weeks.