Kia ora whānau,
What a fantastic first week! The children were amazing and have settled into the new routines well. We have been washing our hands a lot and learning about the ‘moist breath zone’ to help us stay safe. Children have grown in leaps and bounds and are becoming so independent as they manage coming to and leaving school. We are so proud of them!
As a class, we have been reconnecting and making new connections (we have a new student named Sachin) using play. We have been thinking about the value kotahitanga.
We have been using drama, dance and music to help us learn some new words to explain how we are feeling. We are going to continue this learning and create some art to support our bubble stories.
It was a big first week and I think we were all a little tired. I hope you have all had a restful weekend and are ready for Monday!
- We are starting cross country practise. This means we will be running several times a week. Please send your child to school in shoes they can run in (and that are OK to get a bit dirty). The school cross country is to be held on Friday 12th June (more details to come).
- Everybody came home with a poetry book on Friday. Please make sure these are tucked safely into book bags for Monday. We will be using them throughout the week as part of the reading program – they are a great resource for children to as they practise ‘Read to Self’.
- For learning at home all students were logged into the Seesaw Class version of the Seesaw app. Because we are back in school, this is no longer necessary as children will not need to post from home. We still want to share the amazing learning that your child is doing, so go back to using Seesaw Family. This means your feed will focus on your child’s learning and not become cluttered with posts from other children. If you need the codes again, please let me know.
- Library is still on a Tuesday so please send books back to be exchanged. There are a few library books hiding in homes after the long break. Please have a wee hunt and see what you can find. Many thanks for your support!
- Maddy, our fabulous Massey Teacher from Term 1, is joining us again after Queen’s Birthday. We are so lucky to have her back!