Kia ora whānau,
Another weekend with some beautiful weather!
We have started our literacy collaboration and the children are enjoying both the quiet space for explicit teaching and learning and the opportunity to play with different children. During the collaborative play we are explicitly teaching the RSS values. For the past two weeks we have been concentrating on kotahitanga. This means children are being encouraged to join in with each other and to work together.
For the next two weeks we will be investigating kawenga. This is about looking after our class and school. We will be practising taking responsibility for our own things, classroom resources and our school grounds.
A few reminders:
- Brainfood: During our literacy collaboration children are supported to eat their brainfood as they get hungry. Please help them find success with this by packing brainfood in a seperate named contained.
- Pōtae: Terms 1 and 4 are ‘hat’ terms. Please ensure your child has a well named wide brimmed hat to allow them to play outside. Children without hats need to sit on the grandstand and this is not fun, they would rather be playing!
- Swimming: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday – 1.30 -2.15. Please help your child to pack their swimming things into a seperate bag (this helps us to keep everything together when we get changed.)
- Library: Tuesday – 2.15-3pm. Please support your child to pack their library books into their book bag so they can exchange them for new treasures.
- Morning Routine: Classrooms at RSS open at 8.30 in the morning. This is when the first bell rings. Before this time teachers are busy setting up for the day, having meetings and sourcing resources. Before 8.30am children need to be playing on the front courts or in the playground.