5th March, 2019
Tēnā koutou whānau mā,
By now you will have all received a notice about the Marae Experience that all Poutokomanawa children will be participating in Week 8 (March 18th – March 19th). This opportunity is an important experience in helping to bring together much of this term’s learning around Pēpēha, whānau connections and protocols on the Marae.
Because this is important to us as a Poutokomanawa whānau, we have decided that there does not need to be any more financial contribution from you. The bus and the cost to go to the marae will come out of the activity fee.
A few important notes:
- Please let your child’s classroom teacher know if your child is prone to travel sickness so we can ensure they sit at the front of the bus.
- Thank you for all of the offers for parent help. With it being a whānau approach we would love to welcome all whānau to the day. However, because of space restrictions on the bus, we would ask that you carpool and meet us over there. Parents that have offered to stay overnight, we are only able to take 7, we will let you know once we have confirmed who they will be.
- If you received a Marae Camp Parent letter please fill it in and return it as soon as possible.
- All permission/medical forms should now be complete and with classroom teachers. If you missed these, or if something has changed, please contact your child’s teacher.
- We need parent helpers on Friday 15th March to support our tamariki with Baking. (Please let Eileen or Rosie know if you can). Eileen has provided some easy baking recipes so you don’t have to be a pastry chef, just a supervisor for our kids. The baking will be taken to the Marae on Monday 18th for whānau and children to share.
- Potluck Dinner contribution for Year 4-6 students staying the night – Please send your child with enough for them and 2/3 friends to share. Potluck dinner examples: Macaroni and Cheese, lasagne etc. These will be heated at the marae for dinner on the Monday night. Please bring it in a disposable oven proof dish e.g. foil tray.
- Please note, all children must have a day bag (school bag) including:
- A fully packed lunch
- Drink bottle filled with water
- Sensible walking shoes
- Book bags and devices please stay at home
- A gear list has been attached to this notice for the year 4-6 students staying the night:
Rosie, Eileen and Brenda (Ngā kaiako o Poutokomanawa)
|1 x pyjamas||toothbrush/toothpaste|
|2 x underwear||hairbrush/comb|
|1 x shorts||soap or body wash|
|2 x t-shirts||facecloth|
|1 x sweatshirt/hoodie||towel|
|1 x long pants||ANY MEDICATION – PLEASE PUT IN A PLASTIC BAG, NAMED AND LABELLED CLEARLY WITH THE DOSAGE.|
|2 x socks||Miscellaneous|
|1 x sports shoes||drink bottle|
|Sleeping bag OR||lunch box with lunch (for day 1)|
|1 x pillow with pillow case||plastic bag|
|1 x blanket (optional)|
|1 x Sheet||Kai|
|Dinner contribution (enough for your child and 2/3 friends to share) in a disposable container e.g. disposable tin foil tray.|
|There is to be NO:|
|* Personal Digital Devices e.g. ipods, ipads, cameras, mobile phones etc|
|* Additional food e.g. lollies, chips etc|
|* The school will not be accountable for lost or misplaced gear. The children are responsible for their own belongings. We will, however, carry out a thorough check before we depart the Marae.|
|* If your child is bringing any medication to the Marae, please ensure that the teachers in charge are fully aware prior to leaving.|