Morena whanau, What a busy Week 6!
- Our Papatuanuku team have enjoyed the Life Education Trust visiting and supporting their learning around whakawhanaungatanga. Harold’s visit ended on Friday with a visit from the ‘Big’ Harold. The joy on the children’s faces was so cool!
- Tuesday saw 90 of our learners participate in DanceNZMade at the Regent. Bianca and I had the privilege of attending this event along with the dancers. What a fantastic day and night this was and we would like to thank Dean and Liette McKerras for their organisation of DanceNZMade. A big thank you to all of our parents who gave up their time to support our dancers during the day and the evening on Tuesday. I know I say this all the time but…we really couldn’t do these things without you. Our dancers were amazing and looked so good up on stage. All their mahi over the term was evident and they loved it!
- Thursday saw some of our Y5 and 6 students participating in the RICOH tournament (winter sports). Thank you to our coaches and support parents. We came 4th overall. What a great day the kids had, even in the rain.
- We would like to thank Mainland Trust for their support of our production, this has enabled us to give each RSS family some free tickets. Our learners are well into production practices and costume design. I can’t wait to see it up on stage. Exciting!
We would also like to let you know that Steph has resigned from our staff to enjoy her time as mum to wee Olivia. Thanks Steph for being an awesome member of RSS and we will miss you – lots! We wish her all the very best.
- Book Fair is on this week until Wednesday. Pop into the library to check it out.
- Wednesday is ‘Book Character Dress Up’. Come dressed as your favourite character from any book. The parade will be in the hall before morning tea.
- School photos are coming up – remember to send your orders back to school this week.
- Each family was given some free production tickets last week. Check your child’s bag if you haven’t seen these yet.
- Some of you may have seen that we are advertising for a teaching position currently. This advert went live last week.
For Families with Year 0/1 learners…
A consultation form was sent home last week to gather your voice about Cohort Entries. Thank you to all those families who have already submitted their thoughts. If you would like to have a voice around this please fill out the form and submit it.
Have an awesome week everyone!