Kia ora koutou
Yes, officially it is Week 7 of the term already. With us only being back at school for our second week it is easy to lose track of the bigger picture of term dates and holidays. On that note if you were wondering, term dates for the remainder of 2020 stay as communicated to you previously:
- Term 2: Finishes on Friday 3 July
- Term 3: From Monday 20 July to Friday 25 Sep
- Term 4: From Monday 12 Oct to Friday 11 Dec
Thank you! We have really appreciated your cooperation in returning to school. It is clear that you have all spoken with your children about school and the expectations around keeping healthy. This has supported us in keeping these messages at the front of what we do and managing the situation at school. We have been super impressed with how independent our learners have become in managing themselves when parents and whānau don’t come in to school with them in the mornings and afternoons. Thank you to those parents who have come on site for checking in first.
Staffing: There have been a few recent additions to our team and some up and coming changes.
- Helen Hardy has joined the teaching assistant team and works in the afternoons each day. Welcome Helen, we are lucky to share your skills with Kairanga School.
- Victoria Kitchen will soon be teaching a day and a half each week providing support and release in our new entrant classes. Victoria is also a mum at school so it is nice to have that connection as well as her great teaching skills on tap.
- Carolyn Dodd has rejoined us for the rest of the year picking up the 2nd new entrant teaching role. We are so grateful that we have Carolyn waiting in the wings each year to take on this position!
- Our amazing Kelly finishes this Friday to go on maternity leave. We know that you will wish her all the best over the next few months!
- Finally, an update on the appointment process for Nic Mason’s replacement. We are interviewing for this position this week and will let you know as soon as possible who the successful applicant is.
Supporters’ Club Fundraiser: Keep an eye out this Wednesday for information and order forms for the Pie Fundraiser!
Cross Country: Term 2 is traditionally a cross country term with school and interschool events on the calendar. There have been a few changes this year so we have scheduled our school cross country event for the afternoon of Friday June 12 and all races will be held at school. We hope that as many of you can come along and support our tamariki (hopefully Level 2 restrictions have eased a little by then).
Board Consultation: As part of the ongoing Board of Trustees review schedule, we will soon be consulting with you regarding Religious Instruction at Russell Street School. Stay tuned for more information on how you can have your say on whether the Board should allow it or not.
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to another great week at our awesome school.
Ngā mihi nui