March 18th, 2019
Tēnā koutou mātua mā,
By now you will have all received a notice about the Marae Experience that Kaikomako will be participating in Week 10, Monday April 1st and Tuesday April 2nd. This opportunity is an important experience in helping to bring together much of this term’s learning around whakawhanaungatanga and haututanga and features and protocols of a Marae.
A few important notes:
- Please note, for the senior children staying overnight, it is important, that students have a day bag (school bag) for use on the gorge walk.
- Parent helpers who are staying overnight will need to meet with Mel at 8:55am on the day of the trip. This is to explain the strict conditions for joining us, especially around supporting our students and their learning.
- All students are expected to bring 1 bag or container of baking or fruit to share at the Marae.
- All permission/medical forms should now be complete and with classroom teachers. If you missed these, or if something has changed, please contact your child’s teacher.
- A gear list has been attached to this notice.