Kia Ora e te whānau,
This third camp letter is to those of you specifically interested in being a ‘Camp Parent.’ Taking approximately 105 students on camp is a huge undertaking and we can not do it without your help. We need approximately 21 parents to come with us.
Currently we need 3 more parents for Kaikomako (Rooms 6 and 7).
What can you expect if you come as a camp parent?
- act as parents to ALL children.
- spend time with all children at different times, just as your child will spend time with all of the adults at camp.
- are role models to the students at camp.
- will supervise a group of students for duties.
- help settle the children and ensure cabins are orderly.
- support camp writing.
- help with the clean up on the final day.
We will be looking for parents with special qualities and skills to enhance the camp experience for our children.
- Not all parents who apply will be selected as the adult student ratio needs to be closely monitored. Any parent who wishes to visit us during the day is more than welcome to join us but please note that there is a small cost. Parents who visit during the day can also join us for meals, but we would need to know this prior to 30th March for catering purposes (and a small charge for meals set by Makahika also applies).
If you are able to help us out, please fill in the form below as soon as you can and return it to Mel. We will then get the Police Vetting completed.
Rosie and Mel
Camp Parent Application Form 2020
Your Name: _______________________________________
Child’s Name: _______________________________ Child’s Room: ________
Any Medical Conditions/ Dietary Requirements: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Home Phone: ___________________________________________________________
Cell Phone: ___________________________________________________________
Emergency Contact: _____________________________________________ Phone: ______________________
Please list any skills, qualities or experience you have that would enhance the camp experience for our children: (e.g. medical training, past camps, experiences)
Are you an experienced swimmer? Yes/No
Are you happy to be in water with students? Yes/No
Do you have a current first aid certificate? Yes/No
(Please feel free to add additional information on the back or on additional sheets.)