Kia ora e te whānau
As you will see in our heading, Room 6 now has its official name, ‘Ahimarama’. This means to light the fire, light our learning. We are very grateful to Whaea Metarina for helping us through the process of finding our class name.
A few things to be aware of over the next couple of weeks:
- Swimming is officially finished for the term.
- This week Bianca will be away for Thursday, Friday and next Monday. Our wonderful reliever Karen will be in for all these three days (Ebony will still be in as per usual). Karen is well known by our class and she is wonderful teacher who has a beautiful manner with our kids.
- The cancellation of the Weetbix Triathlon is very disappointing for our students and I am sure this has bought up many questions and possible concerns from them. We are being very vigilant at school about healthy hygiene habits.
- CAMP, please keep those consent forms coming in, either through forms on school stream or paper copy. A notice about payment will be coming home today.
- Congratulations to all our tamariki for their awesome wairua at our school swimming sports last week. Both the competitive and non competitive sessions were fantastic showcases of the positive attitudes our students have towards physical exercise.
- Well done to Ryder, Lewis, Lennox and Riley for their fantastic effort at last weeks Inter school Triathlon Competition. All the boys represented RSS proudly and again showed wairua and panekiretanga during this event. Congratulations boys!
- A special shout out needs to go to Lewis for his achievement at a national level also. Lewis took part at a swimming competition in Wellington last weekend placing 3rd in his age group for 200m breaststroke. Well done Lewis.
We believe that it is important for both our school and out of school achievements to be equally acknowledged. Our learning is not only done at school and this is an important message we are trying to portray to our students. If your children have taken part in out of school activities and they would like to, or you would like these to be acknowledged, please feel free to send us photos and emails to let us know, no mater how big or small. If you are proud or they are proud of something they have done, we want to celebrate this with you.
I think that is all for now, as always if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to pop in or email us. Have a great week.
Bianca and Ebony.