Mōrena Pīwakawaka whānau,
Somehow it’s already the end of Wiki 6 and we’re down to the final 3 weeks of school for 2018. The year has absolutely flown by and I’m sure it’s speeding up as we get closer to the end! There’s still lots going on so get your morning kawhe (coffee) and catch up on all the news in Pīwakawaka.
Te Kupu O Te Wiki:
Motokā – Car/Vehicle
Thank you so much for your amazing tautoko (support) with Raffle for a Ride last Friday! We were so lucky to have kids from our class win 2 of the 26 rides. It was pretty exciting seeing Nate (& Heath) rock up to school in a brand new Mini Cooper, and Levi (with Travis!) arrive in the Turbos vehicle. Levi was super lucky – he lives very close to school & his ride would’ve been short, so the Turbos decided to take him to their HQ for a look around the facilities and to meet some more players – including some Highlanders! It was such a special experience for our rugby-mad Levi.
Pānui for Wiki 7:
- Calendar Art Orders – These went home on Friday. The diaries and calendars look AMAZING!
- Science Kits – You will have noticed your child came home with a little plastic bag with a yellow notice inside it. Have a read of the notice and enjoy participating in the challenge together as a whānau! We’re having class & team races soon, so #getamongstit
- Class Photos – Graeme is working super hard to get our class pikitia out for us. I know it’s been a bit of a wait & we really appreciate your patience for what is an absolutely massive job. I’ll get them out to you as soon as I have them.
- Tea towels – If you’d like to place a pre-order for our final Supporter’s Club fundraiser of the year, click here. The designs are so creative and reflect our kura beautifully.
- End of Year Trip – Papatūānuku are planning a whole team trip to Memorial Park on Thursday of Week 8 (December 6th). A bright orange notice went home in book bags about this on Friday as we need more parent helpers to make the trip happen. Flick Kelly (email@example.com) or myself an īmēra if you are available on the day. Ngā mihi!
- Jeans Day – This coming Tuesday (27th November) is our annual ‘Jeans Day’ in honour of our beautiful Librarian, Jean, who is celebrating her 95th birthday! Jean has been our Librarian since I was a student at Russell Street many moons ago. She’s a special part of our whānau, so get your kids dressed up in as much denim as they can handle! Double (or even triple) denim is back in fashion on Tuesday!
- Volunteer of the Year – I just want to give a quick shout out to Nate’s Dad, Kent. Kent was recently nominated for all round ‘Volunteer of the Year’ in the Manawatū, and at an awards ceremony this weekend he was named as the Winner. Kent gives so much to the sporting community and while he doesn’t do it for any recognition, this award is well deserved. A huge thanks to Kent, and all the other parents we are lucky to have who find time in their busy lives to volunteer. We appreciate you! #forthekids
That’s it from me this wiki! There’s still a lot going on so get in touch if you have any pātai about anything. I haven’t watched the All Blacks game yet, but I am hopeful we played better than last week!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Don’t forget to check out this week’s Leadership Pānui which was written by the lovely Kelly. If you missed our fortnightly Papatūānuku Play Monday post this week, click here to read that too.
Kia pa tō rā (Have a good day),
Play Monday – we love learning alongside the entire Junior School!
Walking Wednesday is a highlight of our week in Pīwakawaka!
Nate won a ride to school in a brand new Mini Cooper. He chose his brother Jimi & Heath to join him.
Levi won a ride to school from the Turbos! Levi chose Travis & his neighbour Zu to come along – and somehow his Dad James managed to grab the front seat too!