Kia ora whānau,
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful two weeks! Time is flying and we are already at the beginning of Term 3. I’ve just got a few notes for you as we start Week 1:
- School closes at 12.30pm on Wednesday, July 25th to allow for Learning Conferences.
- If you have not yet booked a Learning Conference but you wish to, you can click here for more information and instructions on how to make an appointment. Learning Conferences are a valuable opportunity for your child to share some of their mahi (work) with you, for us to celebrate the progress they’ve made, and set goals together for the rest of 2018. I’m looking forward to meeting with you all!
- Full school Pōwhiri is tomorrow, Monday July 23 at 9am. All new tamariki, kaiako (teachers), and whānau will be officially welcomed to the RSS family. Pōwhiri is a highly valued part of our culture at RSS. You are more than welcome to join us as we start the term by coming together in this way.
- My amazing classroom release teacher, Anna, is doing some different days in the coming weeks to accommodate courses I am attending. The following dates are just a heads up so that you can prepare your children, as I know many of them like to know in advance if I’m going to be out of the classroom on days other than a Wednesday:
- Week 1: Thursday, July 26
- Week 3: Monday, August 6
- Week 5: Tuesday, August 21
For the dates listed above, Anna will be teaching for me and I will be working in class on the Wednesday of that week. We are so lucky to have Anna – she has loved working with us in Term 2 and she’s excited to continue being part of Pīwakawaka for the rest of 2018.
I can’t wait to see everyone tomorrow, I’ve really missed all of your beautiful tamariki!
Hei te ata – See you in the morning,